Professor Do-Hyun Nam
Department of Neurosurgery, Samsung Medical Center,
Sungkyunkwan University school of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
After obtaining medical degree, Professor Nam started his successful career as a clinical and research fellow at Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University Hospital and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute. He continued training for a career in cancer biology as a postdoctoral fellow at University Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. During his prolific career in Samsung Medical Center(SMC), Professor Nam has held several prestigious appointments such as the Director of Division of Quality Assurance at the Clinical Trial Center and the Director of the Caner Stem Cell Research Center. Presently he has served as the Director of the Institute of Refractory Cancer Research (IRCR) at the SMC and the Professor of department of neurosurgery at the Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine. Professor Nam has extensive experience and expertise in the field of brain tumor research. He has authored over 200 peer-reviewed articles and has received numerous awards for his scientific accomplishments.
- 1．Qianghu Wang, Baoli Hu, Xin Hu, Florian Muller, Hoon Kim, Massimo Squatrito, Tom Mikkelsen, Lisa Scarpace, Sali Lyu, Pengping Li, Yan Li, Floris Barthel, Yu-Hsi Lin, Nikunj Satani, Emmanuel Martinez-Ledesma, Siyuan Zheng, Edward Chang, Charles-Etienne Gabriel Sauvé, Adriana Olar, Zheng D. Lan, Gaetano Finocchiaro, Joanna J. Phillips, Mitchel S. Berger, Konrad R. Gabrusiewicz, Guocan Wang, Ana C. deCarvalho, Eskil Eskilsson, Jian Hu, Amy B. Heimberger, Ronald A. DePinho, Erik P. Sulman, Do-Hyun Nam, Roel G.W. Verhaak. Tumor evolution of glioma intrinsic gene expression subtype associates with immunological changes in the microenvironment. Cancer Cell. Accepted
- 2．Lee JK, Wang J, Sa JK, Ladewig E, Lee HO, Lee IH, Kang HJ, Rosenbloom DS, Camara PG, Liu Z, Nieuwenhuizen PV, Jung SW, Choi SW, Kim J, Chen A, Kim KT, Shin S, Seo YJ, Oh JM, Shin YJ, Park CK, Kong DS, Seol HJ, Blumberg A, Lee JI, Iavarone A, Park WY, Rabadan R, Nam DH. Spatiotemporal genomic architecture informs precision oncology in glioblastoma. Nature Genetics. 2017 Apr;49(4):594-599
- 3．Wang J, Cazzato E, Ladewig E, Frattini V, Rosenbloom DI, Zairis S, Abate F, Liu Z, Elliott O, Shin YJ, Lee JK, Lee IH, Park WY, Eoli M, Blumberg AJ, Lasorella A, Nam DH, Finocchiaro G, Iavarone A, Rabadan R. Clonal evolution of glioblastoma under therapy. Nature Genetics. 2016 Jul;48(7):768-76.
- 4．Kim J, Lee IH, Cho HJ, Park CK, Jung YS, Kim Y, Nam SH, Kim BS, Johnson MD, Kong DS, Seol HJ, Lee JI, Joo KM, Yoon Y, Park WY, Lee J, Park PJ, Nam DH. Spatiotemporal Evolution of the Primary Glioblastoma Genome. Cancer Cell. 2015 Sep 14;28(3):318-28.
- 5．Kim E, Kim M, Woo DH, Shin Y, Shin J, Chang N, Oh YT, Kim H, Rheey J, Nakano I, Lee C, Joo KM, Rich JN, Nam DH, Lee J. Phosphorylation of EZH2 Activates STAT3 Signaling via STAT3 Methylation and Promotes Tumorigenicity of Glioblastoma Stem-like Cells. Cancer Cell. 2013 Jun 10;23(6):839-52.
- 6．Joo KM, Kim J, Jin J, Kim M, Seol HJ, Muradov J, Yang H, Choi YL, Park WY, Kong DS, Lee JI, Ko YH, Woo HG, Lee J, Kim S, Nam DH. Patient-specific orthotopic glioblastoma xenograft models recapitulate the histopathology and biology of human glioblastomas in situ. Cell Reports. 2013 Jan 31;3(1):260-73.
- 7．Lee HW, Lee JI, Lee SJ, Cho HJ, Song HJ, Jeong DE, Seo YJ, Shin S, Joung JG, Kwon YJ, Choi YL, Park WY, Lee HM, Seol HJ, Shim YM, Joo KM, Nam DH. Patient-derived xenografts from non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases are valuable translational platforms for the development of personalized targeted therapy. Clinical Cancer Researh. 2015 Mar 1;21(5):1172-82.